Tuesday, September 15, 2009

David Frum is making sense

David Frum has a simple syllogism for Republicans on health care:

a) If you succeed in killing health care reform this time around, health care costs will spiral out of control
b) If health care inflation is not curbed, the United States will never see another tax cut
c) What are Republicans for, anyway?

Frum is in sustained combat with the wackos that have taken over his party. And he's serenely confident that he will win:
We have been besieged but this is a fight worth doing. And I have to say I'm thinking of changing our slogan. I'm adapting something from the old Panasonic folks, our new motto's going to be "just slightly ahead of our time." I know the conservatives of this country are not with me on these issues today. But I know equally well they will be with me on these issues in the future. They are just going to learn it, unfortunately, a harder way.
Let's hear it for good old-fashioned courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment