Friday, March 18, 2016

How many girls? Zero?

I'd like to borrow the "how many girls" picture-puzzle pinging around the Internet (click through; I don't have permission to use) as a long-sought illustration of this children's poem:

Mirror, Mirror

On my crayon box is a picture
of a little goldi-locks
drawing a perfect picture
of a girl with a crayon box.

And on that box is a picture
of a little girl drawing a picture
of a little girl drawing a picture
of a girl with a crayon box.

And I really have to wonder,
no matter how lifelike I feel,
if I sit down and draw that picture,
how will I know I'm real?

The origin of this was some long-forgotten toy with a picture on the front of a kid using the toy. Also: the old Flexible Flyer sled, which had a picture of an eagle carrying the sled with a visible image of the eagle carrying the sled on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment